Tuesday 11 June 2013

Hickling holiday, Norfolk Part 1

We are staying at a friends cottage in Hickling, Norfolk. They don't rent it out but let friends and family stay and just ask for a contribution towards the electric bill.

We arrived here quite late on Friday and had sausage and chips from the chip van, just down the road. On Saturday we went to Great Yarmouth, to the market but the weather was quite cold. Sunday was a bit nicer and we had a day in the cottage, playing games in the the garden and then went down to The Pleasure Boat Inn about 3.30pm before having a roast dinner. On Monday we went to Roys of Wroxham, which is a big shopping place selling all sorts of things. Last night I felt really unwell and went to bed early after taking strong painkillers but I didn't sleep very well. I had a temperature, ached all over and had a headache so I stayed in bed for a while this morning. I still don't feel too good and haven't eaten so will have another early night and will hopefully feel better tomorrow as we are going out on a boat early in the morning.

I haven't taken many photos so far but here are a few of the ones I have taken.

Flowers in the garden.

Outside The Pleasure Boat Inn.

Walking back from The Pleasure Boat Inn.

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, flowers and the area look great. I'm sorry you felt so unwell, I hope it's passed and you can enjoy the rest of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping do another post later about the rest of the holiday. I felt ok by Thursday and enjoyed the rest of the holiday.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!