Sunday 5 January 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 1/52

This is the first time I have taken part in the 52 Weeks of Happy challenge, started by Jen at little birdie. Quite a few other bloggers take part in this too and it has been really nice to see other people's happy things. 

I'm keen to try and find little happy things each week as a focus for positive thinking. I'm a carer and it can be quite hard work and negative at times so, I think this positive focus will be good for me. I will definitely try to do a post every week but if I miss a week, that's ok! I've really been looking forward to starting this challenge but it has been overshadowed this week, I'm in a lot pain from my wisdom tooth and even painkillers aren't really working. I'm due to have it out on Friday so hopefully it will still go ahead. Fortunately, all these happy things happened before my pain started.

Here are my happy things for the first week of January.

1. Frosty mornings. Seeing everything glisten and hearing the crunchiness.

.

2. Rudolph Christmas socks. I bought these in Tesco and I love them!


3. Celebrating News Year Eve. I went to my sisters, in the end and we played the Wii.


4. Essentials magazine subscription. My mum bought this again for me this year, using her Tesco Clubcard vouchers so it only cost £12 for the year.


The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

Hope you've all had a happy week!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Gemma
    Plenty of good reasons to be happy! Loving the reindeer socks!
    Happy new year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good idea Gemma to have some positive things in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it will be good to have this to focus on!

      Delete
  3. Love the frost pictures and the Rudolph socks- I would have bought those too. A day without laughter is a day wasted. Hope you get the tooth out- I had one done years ago and the relief was instant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Unfortunately, I haven't had the tooth out yet but will hopefully be in a couple of weeks.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!