Tuesday 26 August 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 32, 33 & 34/52

Hello again! It seems so long since I've been here (again!). I haven't done very well at catching up with reading/writing posts, I think I need to focus and make time for it! I don't have four things for every week, I find that if I don't write my 'happy things' down, I forget them. So here are the last three weeks!

Week 32
1. Blackberries. I'd noticed some blackberries that were ready to pick so I took my niece and nephew up to a local field. I don't remember them being ready this early before. Although there wasn't enough for a crumble, it was enough for the children to eat after their dinner.



Week 33
1. Camping. This was a very last minute trip, my sister wanted to have a holiday and now that my niece is at school they can only go in the school holidays. So they decided on camping! Although, after buying all the gear we could have had a couple of caravan holidays! The park was near Warmwell in Dorset and was very quiet, there was no bar or entertainment and we couldn't get electric hook up. I didn't take my camera and as we had no electric couldn't charge my phone very often to use the camera so I didn't take many photos. It was nice to get away but I wasn't sure about camping at first as I hadn't since I was a child but after the first night and everything was sorted out, it was good. We only went to the same places as usual, the market, Chesil Beach, Dorchester, Weymouth and Bowleaze Cove. One evening as we walked to the shower block, there was a heavy downpour and a double rainbow appeared over the shower block. At one point there were only four tents in the camping field so there was plenty of room for the children to play!


Bowleaze Cove

Bowleaze Cove

Week 34
1. BBQ. My nan likes to have a BBQ every August for my late Grandad's Birthday. It was good but there was too much moaning for my liking! 

1 comment:

  1. Blackberries are early this year, Countryside Tales Blog has a great recipe for blackberry ice cream. Well done on the camping thing...you wouldn't get me near a tent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!